Friday, December 2, 2011

A MOTHER'S CONSTANT PRAYER-MATCHMAKER LINE to GOD

Kimberly Woodhouse shares...

I actually met my newborn, would-be niece before I met my husband…

Now, before you turn your brain inside-out trying to work through that puzzle, let me ‘splain. I met my husband the very first day of Bible College (for me) – he actually carried in a few of my boxes. So romantic, yes, I know. But see, behind the scenes there was a greater power at work. (Yes, God was definitely at work, but I’m actually talking about my mother and her constant-prayer-matchmaker line to God.)

My mom, being the hopeless romantic that she is, was determined to send me off to college to get married, since my older brother and sister were not married yet. Me, in my teenage stubbornness, decided that I wouldn’t date—because I definitely wasn’t going to Bible College to get married!  Ha! Following me so far?

Well, it was a small Bible College. Everyone knew everyone. And Jeremy and I became fast friends. Then best friends. Then? Well, I was too stubborn to admit how much I liked him, because I was determined to prove my match-making mother wrong – and he was too afraid to admit how much he liked me because we were best friends and he didn’t want to mess that up.

Love won out. (Don’t tell my mom she was right!)

Four months later we were engaged. And almost nineteen years ago, we were married.

Now you might be wondering how my niece figures into all this? Well, I met my sister-in-law and her newborn baby in our church months before I ever met Jeremy, and we didn’t put all the pieces together until we were planning the wedding. He showed me a picture of all his family and I pointed at her and said, “I know her! And I’ve already held my niece! How cool is that?”

 Kimberley Woodhouse is a wife, mother, author, and musician with a quick wit and positive outlook despite difficult circumstances.

 Just goes to show that a faithful mother's prayers hold sway with the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post ... And a great reminder to always pray for our kids