Friday, February 24, 2012

She Waited & Prayed Among the SAND, MOSQUITOES, CROCODILES!

When Rita asked me to write about how I met my husband, the first thing that popped into my head was the sitcom 'How I met your mother'. It’s in its eighth season and the guy is still waiting to meet the mother of his children. I guess some relationships are a bit like that. There’s a lot of waiting.  Waiting for the right person, waiting for him to pop the question, waiting to have a family, buy a house – it goes on and on.

 I won’t go into the finer details of how I met my husband. He is shy of the spotlight. Let’s just say it was here in North 
Queensland and included sand, beach, boats, mosquitoes, and 
a few crocodiles. In spite of the tropical setting it wasn’t perfect 
by any means. We had a long wait to happiness.

This year we have been married ten years. In this time I have 
also learned other things you can choose to wait for: 
*   Waiting for your partner to change, (never going to happen)
  Waiting for your lotto win, (not much chance of that ever happening either) 
  Waiting for a better relationship, (possible, but needs work and sacrifice)

I think the big deal in my relationship isn’t how I met my husband; it’s how wonderful it is that we are still together. It shows me that if one is willing to wait, and pray, miracles will happen.

Thanks Rose. This Aussie author writes about the tropical north we'd all love to visit, let alone live there!


                                                 Bay Anders is lost. She enjoys every privilege  a wealthy upbringing     
affords, but the void in her soul refuses to be filled. Her mother's dying
 revelation drives Bay to the brink of self destruction, before a move to  Australia changes everything. She embarks upon a search for her father
that leads her to his island home, into a hazardous melting pot of hostile
locals and a mystery – her father's disappearance. The only person who can  help her is a strong, self-assured and intensely magnetic man. Bay must fight
an overwhelming attraction to stay focused on her goal.





Flynn McKenna is hiding from the world. A past filled with mistakes drove him to withdraw from society and live in seclusion. But the arrival of a woman he cannot avoid shatters his solitary existence. As the search for Bay's father unites them, can he resist his desire for her?
 
 
The next book in the series, BEYOND RESOLUTION , will be released April 2012.
(I wonder if Rose ever had a close encounter with a croc?)

1 comment:

Rose Dee said...

Hi Rita,
Thank you so much for this wonderful feature.
No - No close encounters of the lizard kind for me. We have had some very large crocs slide down banks and under our tinny - but I draw the line at putting a toe or finger near the water. I'm a nature girl - not a danger girl.