Friday, September 14, 2012

Inspirational Historical Romances

Paul & Rita's Wedding Day
I'd like to introduce you to a lovely author of  popular American Historicals, Rita Gerlach. Because I also write inspirational historical romance, I needed to add my middle name Stella, as our names sounded similar. Rita shares her story in her own words.

Paul and I met when we were in the 9th grade. He was so adorable, blond with large dark brown eyes that he captured my heart the moment I saw him. He asked me to go 'steady', and we went together for most of high school. These were the years of the Jesus Movement, and we both became born again Christians in our junior year.

Paul was a gymnast and after graduation he went to the University of New Mexico to train under the then Olympic coach. Unfortunately he suffered an injury that put him out of the sport and he came home devastated. It took a long time for him to recover physically and emotionally, but the Lord helped him through it. We got married in 1978 and have two wonderful sons.

The Daughters of the Potomac Series
We are non-denominational believers and live in central Maryland. I am so inspired where I live. It is rife with history, from French and Indian War outposts, Revolutionary War landmarks, and Civil War battlefields. I have written seven novels. Most recently I reissued my historical romance, The Rebel's Pledge, to Kindle and in paperback on Amazon. Abingdon Press released my new series 'Daughters of the Potomac' beginning in February with book 1 'Before the Scarlet Dawn'. Book 2 Beside Two Rivers will be released on October 1, and book 3 on February 1. Readers will also like my inspirational romance, 'Surrender the Wind'.

Thanks for sharing Rita. I'm sure many readers would love to get their own copies of these well researched & inspiring books  Follow her at  http://inspire-writer.blogspot.com/



 

No comments: