Saturday, April 13, 2013

Maybe Not Quite Normal

Sharon Hincke shares:
"My favorite college theatre role was in an opening monologue where the character prays, “Please, 
God, please. Don’t let me be normal.” 
I think God answered my prayer…

"I fell in love with my husband Ted when he threw seaweed at me during a class picnic when I was fourteen. While Ted and I were in grad school, 
our car was shot at (we weren’t in it at the time).

"During the rehearsal for an outdoor production of 
West Side Story that I was choreographing, the 
police barreled into the parking lot responding to 
a call from neighbors that gangs were fighting. 
I told the dancers to drop their chains and knives 
and start singing. None of us were arrested!"

Sharon’s undergrad degree is in education, and she earned an M.A. in Communication from Regent University in 1986. She spent ten years as the artistic director of a Christian performing arts group, CrossCurrent. That ministry included three short-term mission trips to Hong Kong. She has been a church youth worker, a choreographer and ballet teacher, a home-school mom, a church organist, and a bookstore clerk. One day she’ll figure out what to be when she grows up, but in the meantime she’s pouring her imagination into writing. She’s published dozens of articles in magazines and book compilations, and released her first novel in 2006. In April, 2007, she was named “Writer of the Year” at Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference.

Sharon writes “stories for the hero in all of us,” about ordinary people experiencing God’s grace in unexpected ways. Known for their authenticity, emotional range, and spiritual depth, her novels include 
contemporary fiction such as The Secret Life of Becky Miller, Stepping into Sunlight and TheRestorer’s Son–Expanded Edition.

I love Sharon's dry sense of humour. This is one lady with real depth and we're sure to hear of many more of her stories being published.

Thanks for sharing with us Sharon. We wish you God's richest blessings.
*************************************************************** 

No comments: