Friday, June 14, 2013

STRIKE the ORIGINAL MATCH

Amanda and Morry at home with friends
Picture this: warm bath filled with rose petals, service of sparkling apple cider and chocolates, mellow music playing in the background - yep, that was my welcome home from work today. My hubby is a keeper!!!!! 
Love you, Morry Deed.  ♥♥♥ 

Fellow author Amanda Deed has good reason to appreciate her husband's thoughtful ways. Hey fellows, don't forget to treat your wife to something special every so often. Just as a reminder she is special to you. Both husbands and wives need to stir the embers and keep the fire stoked!

Amanda shares her life story: 

To some I am a mother, a daughter, a sister, a wife. To others I am a friend, a mentor, a leader, an employee, a member. I cook, I clean, I write novels, I sing, I play the piano, I play games, I nurse little injuries, I laugh, I love, I keep accounting records, I teach. But, above all of these things, I am a child of God and I live to serve Him in whatever I do.
I grew up in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne in a Christian home, where I found faith at an early age. By the time I was fifteen, I was involved in the church worship team, which lead to a passion to serve the Lord through music and worship. At the age of twenty-three, I had the opportunity to tour Australia with Pastor John Segond, which was an unforgettable experience. 

In 1997 I married my husband, Morry, and our first little girl was born in 1999. Soon after that we moved to Darwin for five years, where I was privileged to serve further in music ministry which sometimes took me into beautiful and remote areas of the country, and opened my eyes to the miraculous ways God can move.

It was during this period that I discovered a passion for writing and began to seriously pursue it. It has been through much encouragement that I have stepped out in this area and endeavoured to have my work published. Thanks to the Lord, He has made a way for this to be possible, and I now have several Australian historical romances published. My debut novel, The Game, was awarded the CALEB Prize for Fiction 2010, a great surprise and honour. I look forward to many more novels in the future and to where the Lord can take me in this season of my life.

Amanda's trilogy: Ellenvale Gold, Black Forest Redemption, and Henry's Run are intriguing historical romances that take the reader back into the early times of Australia's past. Amanda is very particular in researching all her stories which almost convinces the reader it is nonfiction. However a good deal of the content is based on factual places or events.

Amanda's blog, 
Romancing the Rock, is worth a look:  amanderings.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

Margaret Lepke said...

Enjoyed getting to know you a little more, Amanda! I don't get much time to read novels at the moment, but I did read Ellenvale Gold and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for this post, Rita.

Wendy Sargeant said...

Thanks for bringing us Amanda's story. I am a fan of her work.
Blessings,
Wendy