Friday, February 21, 2014

JULIE KLASSEN - Modern Day Jane Austen

This author loves to write Regency novels. And she has a huge following of readers who cannot get enough of her exquisite writing.

She combines tales of yesteryear with her Christian worldview. Her stories - no matter how bad the outcome appears from the beginning - always have a great ending.

Here are some of her titles: The Silent Governess, The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, The Apothecary's Daughter, The Lady of milkweed Manor, The Girl in the Gatehouse, The Dancing Master.

At her book signing appearances, the audience are held enthralled as she tells a little of the background to many of her novels.

Julie shares a little about herself:

 I graduated from the University of Illinois and enjoy travel, research, BBC period dramas, long hikes, short naps, and coffee with friends. My husband and I have two sons and live near St. Paul, Minnesota.

I worked in publishing for sixteen years (first in advertising, then as a fiction editor) and now write full time. Three of my books, won the Christy Award for Historical Romance. 

Ellie Whyte, a popular NZ Christian Book Reviewer asked Julie: 
Other than writing great novels, what other goals do you have for your life? 
"To help my sons grow up to be successful adults. To grow closer to my husband and to God. And, to finally figure out a way to either 1. Keep my house clean, or 2. Have people over anyway. :)

Julie adds:  If you love romance, English accents, Jane Eyre, or anything by Jane Austen, then you and I are soul sisters and I write for you!


No comments: