Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fiction Full of Grace

Vanetta Chapman writes Amish novels and in her own words it is:

 FICTION FULL of GRACE

She says she sometimes writes details of her own life into her stories.

"At 34, I was a single mom and my life was far from perfect. I had a good job but few friends and no love interests. I wasn’t sure about God’s plan for me. But God's Plans are often different to our plans. And He can bring victory out of the most dire of consequences. By the time I was 36, I had met and married Bob. We’ve been married 15 years now, and we’re both good friends and soul mates. I could never have envisioned that at 34. The last 15 years have been fraught with both good times (college graduations, promotions, and special family trips) and bad times (dread diseases, financial issues and family
hardships).

So what of this imperfect life? If I could speak to that 34 year old I used to be, I’d tell her a few things.

  • Hold on to your faith.
  • Trust in God’s provision.
  • Believe in a Holy providence.
 sometimes as women we convince ourselves we have to go it alone, that we need to be strong enough to do things all by ourselves. And sometimes that might be true. But more often, there are friends just waiting to be found and a path, that God has ordained, right around the corner."

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us Vanetta 

FOLLOW ME on TWITTER:  @RitaSGalieh


1 comment:

Vannetta Chapman said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with your readers!