Thursday, November 27, 2014

The CONSTANT CARER

There is something very special about a woman who takes her wedding vows seriously at a time when so many give up and walk out of a marriage.

Leslie Sherrod tells about her mother:

A quiet woman with busy hands, my mother has been a constant caretaker. When the diagnosis of my father's illness first entered our family in the late 1980s, my mother was working as a nurse on the night shift. With an invalid husband and two daughters to raise in Baltimore City, she continued working while caring for him, nurturing my sister and I, and also tending to her father who had Alzheimer’s, and her mother who had a stroke.

Her faith in Christ a foundation, my dear mother’s compassion and care for others extends beyond her previous nursing duties and ongoing family obligations.

I do not know when my mother slept,and now that I am an adult with a family of my own, I do not know how she balanced it all. Resources were always limited. Sometimes the electricity was off and the food and clothes we had were donated. But she managed. And to this day, now unable to work but still required to serve, I haven’t heard her complain. She shares silly jokes and plays goofy games with her grandchildren, and few would know the trauma, the trials she’s endured, is enduring.

I am sure such a woman will hear the Lord's commendation, "Well done, you good and faithful servant."  

Thanks for sharing about your mother, Leslie.

Follow me on Twitter @RitaSGalieh

No comments: